On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 01:10 +0100, Jarl Fransson wrote:
> I am using version 1.9.74.

Ah the penalty of using beta releases. I suggest you upgrade to the
current final release 2.0.1 or wait a few days and get 2.0.2.

> I have lost some days work when Calc fails to load the files I saved!
> This is so bad and reminds me of early days of computing :-(
> After saving a Calc doc it fails to load it with message:
>
> Read-Error
> Format error discovered in sub-document content xml at 2, 3602(row,col)

That error tells me that you have a corrupted file. The only way I know
to fix it is to unpack the ods and manually edit contents.xml.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead