> > ... And, the replacement of MS Office's high-end feature set with
OOo's
> > high end feature set would be far more expensive than the difference
in
> > initial cost is worth.
>
> That's my point.  The difference for the user between MSO XP or 2003
and
> MS 2007 is much larger than between MSO XP or 2003 and OOo 2.

Lars, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Your
assertions don't match what I see happening in the past or the future.
To me, this seems like watching the same movie over and over again, each
time hoping that there will be a better ending this time. (I still do
that with "To Kill a Mockingbird.")

Since the early days of Linux, I've been hearing how a development over
the horizon is finally going to break Microsoft's hold over the
OS/Browser/Office Suite market. I'm still waiting for something to
actually do so. But, I don't think this will be it.

--Jekke