On 3/7/06, Grant Muter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have used OpenOffice 1.0 on my computer for the last two years. Great
> Programee, lovely to work with.
>
> My wife has her own computer which runs on Windows 98 second edition.  She
> currently uses Microsoft Word, but is enfuriated by messages which keep
> coming up about saving changes to the global template etc. etc. irritation
> with auto formatting etc.
>
> I suggested she switch to Open Office. She has subsequently downloaded
> OpenOffice 2.0. The download works fine, but she cannot now receive e-mail
> attachments. Instead a warning comes up saying 'OE removed access to the
> following unsafe attachments in your mail:   etc'
>
> What should she do to correct this?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Grant Muter

Grant,

Presumably you were sending your wife sxw (Writer) or sxc (Calc) files and
it's these that aren't getting through any more.
OOo doesn't make any changes to Outlook Express, but it does associate the
file extensions .sx* and .od*, so OE might see them slightly differently.
I don't use OE myself, but I imagine that there's a setting in there
somewhere that lists all of the allowed (or maybe disallowed) file
extensions.

Have a rummage around and see if you can find anything.

HTH,

Simon