On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 10:29 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> There is no image.  It just occurred to me that what I have described as the
> strip along the top was the page's top margin.  I can reduce that with the
> Format -> Page menu.  The problem is, that the text boxes don't move up with
> the margin, i.e. the space occupied by the margin moves to a spot between the
> top edge and the return address box.  If by way of contrast I create an
> envelope to be printed the way it looks (what would be "landscape" view) the
> "New Doc" button gives me a graphic with no margins.  I do have a printer
> that will print like that, but the sheet feeder in my default printer won't
> open wide enough.  As soon as I change the printer setting to what I need,
> the graphic disappears and I have the sheet-of-paper view.   Why doesn't the
> template I want look like the others?

Hmm. I cannot visualize the problem. However I do suggest that you try
using the kit from the doc project to see if you can sort out what
exactly is the problem. See
http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/word_processing/envelope.zip
You can review the text on-line here as well.  Perhaps this will help.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead