G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 12:20 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:

And to be on-topic: it can be an interesting feature for OOo Impress to export presentations as animated GIFs in the same way it can export in Flash format (don't know it it is already a request on IssueZilla about this)

Might be but I would hesitate to try implementing this considering that
GIF is a proprietary format. My personal feeling is that this is best
left to other tools, such as GIMP, so they can be used but not created.
Avoids licensing issues.

Not any more: the last patents over GIF have expired in July 2004, it is free now. Beside that, Impress right now have the option to export as static GIF, so animated GIF can be seen as a logical next step and very in line with the SWF export. But personally I will stick to Gimp for the task and don't bother to fill a RFE.

--
nicu
my OpenOffice.org pages: http://ooo.nicubunu.ro