On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 13:49 -0700, Don Vawter wrote:
> I am not trying to INSTALL a JRE. I am trying to get OO to recognize
> the installed JRE
> When I go to Options Java there is no JRE there and if I try to use /
> System/Library/Frameworks... to point to the installed JRE OO says it
> is not a valid JRE.

WHen you clicked Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Java, how long did
you wait before deciding that nothing was going on?  On my system, this
dialogue is blank and takes something less than a minute to do
discovery. Maybe ...

> Pointing to the same locationn on the G5 works fine and in fact OO
> found it on install. On the macbook it doesnt find a JRE on install
>
> On Mar 13, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Ross Bernheim wrote:
>
> > Don,
> >
> > Why are you trying to load a JRE on the MacBook? OS X already comes
> > with a JRE as part of the install. You should not need to install a
> > JRE to
> > run OOo.
> >
> > I got an Intel coreduo miniMac last week and simply downloaded and
> > did the drag and drop installation of the latest OOo for Mac from the
> > porting page. Runs like a champ. The only problems that I have
> > encountered are a permissions problem with working with networked
> > file servers and adding a networked printer.
> >
> > The permissions problem has a work around. The network printer problem
> > also happens on my Dual G5 box with OOo. I have an Apple Personal
> > Laserwriter NTR and it sits on the ethernet network via an ethernet to
> > Appletalk/Localtalk bridge. For some reason, OOo won't let me add it
> > and I can only print to the generic printer, but it works.
> >

> > Ross Bernheim

PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
http://documentation.openoffice.org/