Dan Lewis mentioned the Writer's Guide (his comments are quoted below) to another user. For whatever reason, I can download, open and save the PDF version of the various chapters, but I cannot even download the ODT versions. I've found that to be the case with other ODT files on the OOo website. Neither Firefox nor Internet Explorer will download the ODT versions.

Is there a problem, or am I doing something wrong? (Using Windows XP version 2.0.X of OOo)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I suggest you get some of the chapters of the Writer's Guide which is available in *.odt format at
http://oooauthors.org/en/authors/userguide2/published/copy_of_index_html.
Specifically, you need to study the chapter on Styles. (It explains how to reset page numbers.) Another important chapter is the one on Master
Documents.  You may find other chapters useful also.

Dan