Sigrid Kronenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "J.P. ROOKE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
>

>>I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED OPEN OFFICE 2.0 TO CREATE INFORMATION INFO FOR
>>RESEARCH.MY QUESTION IS THE FINISHED DOCUMENT TURNED OUT TO BE 9.56 MB
>>AND TO LARGE TO E-MAIL,HOW CAN I REDUCE IT TO A MANAGEABLE SIZE SAY
>>100KB.IS THIS POSSIBLE WITHOUT LOOSING ANY OF THE DATA. THANK
>>YOU,J.P.- ROOKE

Good suggestions, Sigrid.

In your case, J.P., another thing that might help is to export to PDF.
This function can be found on the menu File > Export as PDF...  There's
also a toolbar icon that does the same thing.

Usually PDF files are larger than the corresponding .odt files, but in
this case pictures may be the reason for the large filesize.  PDF
doesn't care how large the original picture is - it just saves a picture
of the final document - and you don't have to open a graphics editor.

Also, you said your document is finished.  You should keep the .odt file
if you may need to edit this document later, but exporting a .pdf copy
is great when you are just sending a final product.

Regards,

Trevor