There are certainly work-arounds, and in the scheme of things, my complaint
pales compared to people who can't get OOo loaded at all, can't get envelopes
to  print no matter what they try, etc.

But still -- It doesn't seem like a great situation. I really like the
default print ranges, in most cases they work well, and they have an advantage
in
that if I add a few rows, the range automatically expands to include the new
rows. When I define a range, it often happens, due to my mental lack of
astuteness I'm sure :), that I'll add a few rows and then forget to change the
print range, and I don't realize it until I've wasted some paper and ink.

I also like having the ability to define a range when I wish to, for those
sheets where I don't want the range chosen by default (ie, for those sheets, I
don't want everything printed, I want to dictate what range gets printed).

So the situation is that I can't do both in the same spreadsheet. If I have
a 20-sheet worksheet, and the default range is what I want for 19 of the
sheets,  and I want to define a range for the 20th sheet, I will lose the
default
range  for the other 19, and need to define a range for each one. Just doesn't
seem  right to me, but that must just be how I approach things.

Thanks for the responses anyway.

In a message dated 3/13/2006 2:49:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Joe Conner