Massimo Soraci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in news:4417EF7D.4030200
@interfree.it:

> Can you suggest me a OCR software well running with openoffice,
> according to your experience?

I use and recommend Abbyy FineReader; a Russian program, about 79 Euros
from memory. It is smaller, fast, and more accurate than Textbridge. It has
great multilngual support, and in general excellent results. The slowest
part of the process is actually making scans at 300dpi. It does recosnigse
and will export to, starwriter, which is OOo 1.x format.

Looking at their website, though
http://download.abbyy.com/content/default.aspx

I see they have banged the price right up to 150 Euros for the full
version; 40 Euros for te one that just converts to Office formats.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.