> livid <livid <at> dea53.karoo.co.uk> writes:
> .... Is there any way that I can copy a financial report from Excel into a
> new OpenOffice.org Calc sheet? ....
> I have at last managed to get the details into a Calc spreadsheet, but I
> had to resort to copying just 2 columns at a time and to repeat that 5 more
> times for a 12 month document. Further more by copying and pasting, Calc
> accepted a 2 decimal place display, BUT after I saved the spreadsheet and
> re-opened it the 2 place display had disappeared.
>     Can someone kindly advise me the correct way of sending such a query to
> the correct program section for future queries.

1.  To get the financial report into a Calc spreadsheet, try Insert >Sheet from
file.  All formatting should accompany the data.  Alternatively, you could save
the XL file as an OO spreadsheet.
2.  Otherwise, you can, as someone else has replied, use Format >Cells.
If preferred, you can alter the default formatting using the F11 dialog, right
-click default and select Modify.  You could go further and save a blank
spreadsheet so formatted as a template, even setting it as the default template.
3.  Contacting "program section":
    (a)  If you mean filing an issue (~ bug report), you need to register with
the OpenOffice website and follow links to tracking and filing issues.
    (b)  If you mean a users' site for Calc, go to the forums :
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/index.phtml