On Sat March 18 2006 16:34, Rod Engelsman wrote:
> Jallan wrote:
> > And, of course, any interface can be improved, but probably won't be
> > without constructive criticism.
> >
> > Jallan
>
> You're on! Here's my constructive criticism for IZ:
>
> 1. I used to know how to get to it, but since the site has been
> redesigned it takes me far too long to find it. The layout and
> navigation of the site is really poor.
>
> Suggestion: Have a link to IZ from the Home page. Maybe under a section
> entitled "Get Involved". Test the design with "people from the street".
> That's what professional web site designers do.
>
> 2. The issue-filing page is a confusing and intimidating mess. It was
> designed for insiders. Altogether too many fields and drop-boxes.
>
> Suggestion: Design a page for "regular users" to report bugs. This page
> should have maybe a half-dozen fields and boxes to consider, no more. A
> QA member will have to go in and "flesh out" the bug report, but that
> happens anyway with the current system.
>
> 3. Either pay attention to votes or just forget about it. It's hard for
> me to consider the current system as anything more than a farce. But if
> votes are to be tallied and considered, then:
>
> Suggestion: Recognize the effort expended in reporting an issue and
> credit the report with an automatic 5 votes. This would also apply to
> subsequent issues that are later marked as duplicates of some other
> report. When issue X is marked as a duplicate of issue Y, then the issue
> Y should inherit issue X's votes.

Rod,
 All good suggestions.
Can you spend some time with the website team to help get your ideas
implemented ? If so then send your ideas to dev@website.openoffice.org
and do not forget to to subscribe to that list to see the replies :
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ