I am using RedHat FC4 with Open Office 2.0 via rpm on a P4 2.5Ghz machine.

The problem is when I double click on a .odt file it comes up with the Open
Office splash screen, the progress bar moves along then it disappears as
normal, but the file does not open. If I open Open Office Writer first then
select File, Open and select the same .odt file it opens just fine. Has
anyone else seen this, and do you know how to correct it. It is only a
convenience thing, but a pain never the less.

--
Sean Peterson