Bob wrote:
That's not quite what I was looking for (perhaps it doesn't exist). The brocure printing option along with the double-sided option prints four 1/2 sheet pages per side, 2 half pages each front and back. The numbering goes essentially 4,1 (on the front) and 2,3 (on the reverse). The printed pages can be folded in half, stacked (folded), and then the "spine" stapled or somehow bound together.

What I was hoping to find is some way short of physically manipulating the half pages so that it prints two half pages per side, front and back, but prints the sequence in such a way that when the pages are stacked together unfolded, then stapled down the middle and the entire stack folded down the center as a single unit, the pages will appear in the correct sequence!

Perhaps the only way to do this is to first figure out the total number of pages/sheets, and then create a dummy brochure with the same number of pages/sheets, then rearrange the page sequence. Next, manipulate the pages into the proper sequence in the software, then print using the double-sided brochure option. That would involve a heck of a lot of cutting and pasting, which I'd prefer to avoid since our paid ads are placed along with text, and adjusted to make best use of each page.

Bob:

I have done this successfully. I haven't followed the entire thread, but here is how I do it:

1. Pick paper size that will be printed on. For my example, I'll use legal, landscape and the staple will be in the middle. Each 'page' will be half legal with width: 7", height 8.5"
2. Create a page with those dimensions: 7 x 8.5.
3. Add all your info.
4. Print and select brochure printing, and change the page size on the printer options to legal landscape (your dialog will depend on your printer driver options). 5. Print and for an 8 page document, you'll have 1 with 8, 2 with 7, 3 with 6 and 4 with 5, two per legal piece of paper.

I hope that works.

--
Crystle Numan
Administrative Secretary, Immanuel CRC