OpenOffice.org (OOo) is totally free of cost if it is downloaded from
OOo's web site. CD's with OOo on them are also available at a rather small
price from a variety of vendors. Your only cost would be the time it took
to download the file. There are also many documents to help you get
started using OOo at
http://documentation.openoffice.org.

Dan