Chad Smith wrote:
So I still don't see how this is any different than MS Office.  You can scan
something and have it go into MS Word.  And there are plenty of free "Print
to PDF" program out there.  It's true that MS O doesn't come with any PDF
stuff - and it's good that OOo does - but I wouldnt say that being able to
scan something "blows MS away".

What am I missing?

I'll tell you what does work better in OOo than MSO in this regard. I have had occasion to do this, so I know.

Using Draw you can create a multiple page document out of scans and then print it all out as a single document. I've used this to fax stuff when all I had was a single-sheet flatbed scanner (print to fax-modem). You could use the same technique to create a multi-page pdf out of several scanned documents.

Now maybe you could do the same thing in Word, but it seems more straight-forward using Draw because it is designed from the outset to deal with images so you don't have to screw around with page margins and such.

--

Rod