On Monday April 3 2006 10:40 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Please tell me what JRE is.  How would I find out if my version of
> Windows has this?
>
> My OS is Windows XP Professional with the current recommended updates
> (Express).
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Charles Smart

JRE is Java Runtime Environment. It is required if you are going to be
using any of OpenOffice.org's wizards, or database (Base). If you are
going to be creating slide shows, JRE would be advisable.
     I would recommend selecting the Windows (with JRE) in the Operating
System (O/S) drop down box. Windows is your O/S. The "(with JRE)" means
that the file you download will contain both the Window's version of OOo
and JRE. The "(without JRE)" means the downloaded file only contains OOo.

Dan