On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 08:36 +0700, pttdp wrote:
> I have a crashed ODS file and cannot be opened, having error message
> "general error : general input/output error". How can I recover those
> file ? looks like OOo files pretty sensitive.

Not certain what exactly the problem is but Chapter 14 of
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/OOo2.x/user_guide2_draft.pdf
does address this error. Because you only provided part of the error
message, this is a guess. This is also described in the faqs section at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/ specifically,
http://documentation.openoffice.org/faqs/installation/026.html

If, on the other hand, is a single file then I suggest you extract the
content.xml from the file using a zip utility like winzip or other and
rebuild the file.

You might also like to join your fellow countrymen, at
http://id.openoffice.org/
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead