I've been having this problem since I began using Fedora Core 3 over a year ago. If I install the Fedora package of OOo, it will not work with my installed TrueType fonts. They appear in the font selector, but show up there and in the documents as generic sans-serif or serif fonts. Only the fonts that come with OOo work as they should.

However, when I install the OOo snapshot releases via RPM, the fonts are displayed, though not in correct proportions. This makes it impossible for me to use my documents created in Windows (with the same font set) and stored on removable media (DVD-RAM).

I installed the fonts using the information available on many Linux help websites. I verify that they are present in spadmin. They just don't work.

Can anyone help me?

TIA,
Matt Needles