Richard Cleaveland wrote:
Dan Lewis wrote:

On Sunday April 9 2006 06:40 pm, Richard Cleaveland wrote:
Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
Matt Needles wrote:
On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 23:29 +0100, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 16:50 -0400, Eric Beversluis wrote:
I'm editing a document in "normal" (nonprinting) view. How do I
see whether there's a hard page break inserted? (Actually, I would
guess the
same question would arise in printing view, unless one could infer
from
spacing seen at the bottom of some page.)  I thought selecting
"Nonprinting Characters" would show it, but it only shows
paragraph market, not anything for hard return. There isn't
anything under Styles
and Formatting either that I can find that shows the presence of
the hard page break.
Normal? There are two view choices, Print and Web layout. If you
are referring to Web layout then I do not understand as web pages
do _NOT_ have page breaks. Please explain.
I think that the OP is comparing OOo with MSO. In the latter it is
possible to see on screen where manual page breaks have been
inserted: in OOo this does not seem possible, creating some editing
difficulties.

Peter HB
In OOo, a hard page break <ctrl-Enter> is indicated by a dark line at
the top margin of the new page.
Thanks for that, Matt. Now that I know it's there I can almost see it!
Of course Text Boundaries have to be on and my ancient eyes can barely
differentiate between the darker (very slightly) top boundary line and
the side ones.

I still think there should be some indication of a hard page break,
even when text boundaries are off. I'll give some thought to raising
an issue for this.
I for one agree.  If only that line could be made wider - or dotted or
dashed - it would be a lot more recognizable.

Dick

Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Appearance. Has anyone gone to the Text Document section of this and change the Page and Column Break setting?

Dan
I did before I wrote - all one can do - as far as I can see - is change the color of the (very narrow) line.

Dick

Changing the colour to Light Red renders the break much more visible, which is a great help, but it is still dependant upon Text Boundaries. i.e. It is only shown if text boundaries are displayed.

Peter HB