Hi Leslie,
I don't use the thesaurus, but I know that the dictionary is tied to the language setting of your text. Check this by selecting 'format / character / font'.
tc

BJD Electric Ltd. wrote:
First off, let me tell you I LOVE YOUR PRODUCT!!

When I first downloaded OpenOffice and began using it, I moved all my Word and
Excel files over and put them into OpenOffice format.  Then we had an issue
where someone couldn't open a document sent via email and I changed my save
option to always save in Word 97 format.  Since then, the Thesaurus is no
longer in use.  It's quite peculiar because if I have a 'Calc' file open, the
Thesaurus is there - but not in one of my saved files or any new documents.
What have I done - and how can I correct this?

Thank you,
Leslie Johnson
BJD ELECTRIC LTD.
2404 - 2nd Avenue