On 4/9/2006 4:36 PM, Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi Bob,

Bob wrote:

I've created labels in OOo using data in a database (OOo spreadsheet), including Postnet bar codes (subject of yesterday's question). Works great up to the point of adding record data to the fields in the labels.

[...]

The problem, I guess, is how to create a second page of labels containing data fields before I add the record data.

[...]

Usually the problem is, that people don't understand that *all* labels they nead (either for the whole table, either for selected records) only are filled with data *after a print command*.

Have you tried that?

So your label-page is OK, and you've opened the datasource window (F4)

Now way A)
- Ctrl-P
- Choose Yes
- in the data-window, select your adresses or choose all
- and print/save as file etc.

Or way B)
- Press icon Mail merge /standard letter (or so - I've the Dutch version) on the datatablebar (above the table)
- In the Wizard, go direct to step 8
- make one of the choises there.

HTH
& greetings,
Cor

This is really frustrating. Originally, I was getting one page worth's
of labels (30) when I'd high-lighted all 34 records. Then for whatever reason I was only getting 15, the "odd" pages (assuming each label is considered a page).

Now, when I followed "way B" above, after invoking the mail merge
wizard, after creating the label document and selecting step 8
(omitting the others), the little wizard (in a Mail Merge box) indicates
that it is creating documents, with Status: x of 65535. It eats memory, and everything slows down. I press [cancel] and that process stops. If I then elect to print pages 1-2, I get all of my 34 records as labels, but there are many (depending on how far the mail merge goes before I press [cancel] extra pages with blank labels.

All I want OOo to do is create/print 34 labels.

I can't explain why the Mail Merge (with labels) wants to create 65535 labels!

Any ideas?