Timothy Lee wrote:
Dear Sirs:

I keep trying to set the default font size to 10 pt. in Text documents, but Open Office will not remember the setting. When I open a new Text document, it always comes up 12 pt. I right click in the page, click on Edit Paragraph Style, and then change the font point to 10 pt. The title of the box window says Paragraph Style: Default.

But the next, new Text document I open always has the font set to 12 pt.

Is there a way to set it permanently to 10 pt.?

Timothy Lee
17 Raymond St. #1
Framingham, MA  01702
508-620-8920
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You need to change your default template to the font you want. To do this, create a new document, change the font like you've done already, and then save it as a template: File > Templates > Save, and give it a name that makes sense. Then you need to make that template your default: File > Templates > Organize. Find the template you just created. Right click on it and select "Set as default" (or words to that effect).