G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 17:34 -0400, Matt Needles wrote:
G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 20:36 -0400, Matt Needles wrote:

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 11:45 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
Andy Pepperdine wrote:
AIUI OOo shows only those fonts that are available for both display and printing. The X11 font directories define those for display, the printing fonts are elsewhere. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. But an update to the system (Suse) seemed to automatically fix it so I did not pursue the matter to discover exactly where they all were and how to configure cups and printers to get the fonts.
On a current desktop the easiest way for a user to install fonts and make them available for both display and print is to create a directory named ".fonts" in his home directory and copy there the font files, no need to touch X11 configuration at all. The copy of OOo which I have installed on my computer does not need spadmin or something else to access those fonts.

Okay, Nicu, but how can I do a similar thing so the fonts are available
to all users on the same machine, not just the one who installed them?

How about opening up <path_TO>/openoffice.org2/share/fonts so that you
can use File > Wizards > Install fonts from the web into that directory?

If I do this, will these installed fonts also be usable in other applications, or just in OOo?

As this is the OOo users list, I answered for OOo. If you want fonts
under your OS, I suggest that you ask on the users list for your OS.
No, Gary, it has to do with OOo, because I want to know if the wizard installs in such a way that the fonts are not just available to OOo.

Matt