Steve Magoon wrote:
I'm trying to print labels with a hidden line. I attempted to follow
the instructions according to
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/ but the
result is not what I'm looking for.

Here's what I'm doing:

<Title> <FirstName> <LastName> <Address1> <Address2> <City>  <State>
<ZipCode>

I highlighted <Address2> and used Insert>Section... >Hide With
Condition: Address2 EQ ""

Then I followed the instructions to Mail Merge and skip to Page 8.
When I go to print the labels, I use Ctrl P, answer yes and select
"All".

The result: All Address2 are hidden, regardless of whether there's
something in that line or not. And at the last page of labels, the
remaining addresses are printed with a empty line (not a hidden line)
where Address2 is, even if there is no data in Address2.

What am I doing wrong?

Your condition is logical, but...
Try using the following instead:

![Address2]

If you want an alternative to Hidden Sections you could use Hidden Paragraphs (in OOo 2.0.2, or later). See the tutorial at :
http://www.hbsys.co.uk/openoffice/

Peter HB