On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 14:43 -0400, James wrote:
> On 4/14/2006 2:36 PM James spoke:
> > I have 3 page styles.
> > First Page
> > Table Of Contents
> >
> > The problem may be that I didn't create pages from the insert/manual
> > break menu.
> > I assigned the page styles after I created the pages using the
> > format/Styles and Formatting tool bar.
> >
> > I don't want any page numbers on the first page which is done.
> > I put a roman numeral page number on the Table Of Contents.
> > I put regular page numbers on the default page style.
> > I didn't want the Table Of Contents to start at page 2 so I used "offset
> > -1" in the Edit Fields dialog.
> > I didn't want the Default pages to start at page 3 so I used "offset -2"
> > in the Edit Fields dialog.
> >
> > The problem is that I created an insert/indexes and tables/indexes and
> > tables but it uses the real page numbers instead of the Offset ones.
> >
> > Is there a way to fix this without recreating all the pages from the
> > insert/manual break menu?
>
> I recreated the pages using the insert/manual break menu but it still
> shows the real page numbers, not what is visible. :-(

Quick answer for you to try. Go the the first paragraph on each
offending page and modify the style on the text flow tab and have it put
the page style before.  Hope this is enough to get you going. As you
have found out offset does not affect the page numbering in a TOC.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead