Many thanks for this help, problem solved.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "CPHennessy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; "Mike Avery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:51 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Spreadsheet problems

On Tue April 11 2006 14:49, + Mike Avery wrote:
 [ MODERATED ] ********************
I have just started to use your spreadsheet programme and have found
difficulty in the following areas;

1. The help page notes are unobtainable in that in the 'find' mode they
offer the statement that the details requested cannot be found, even from
your own headings list.

2.    Also I'm unable to move a cell or range of cells around at will as
per Exel. is this operation not available on OpenOffice.org?

Would appreciate a response

As you are not subscribed you may not have seen that:
On Tue April 11 2006 18:08, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 14:49 +0100, Mike Avery wrote:
> 1.    The help page notes are unobtainable in that in the 'find' mode
> they offer the statement that the details requested cannot be found, > even
> from your own headings list.

Upgrade to 2.0.2 and check out http://documentation.openoffice.org/  The
faqs have a solution for deprecated versions that are missing help.

and

On Wed April 12 2006 01:00, Richard Detwiler wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 14:49 +0100, Mike Avery wrote:
>> 2. Also I'm unable to move a cell or range of cells around at will >> as
>> per Exel. is this operation not available on OpenOffice.org?

Mike: You're able to move ranges of cells around (I'm assuming you're
referring to "drag and drop", please correct me if this isn't what you
mean). With ranges, it's actually easier than with Excel. With Excel,
you needed to carefully click on the very edge of the range, then drag.
With Calc, you can click anywhere within the range, even in the middle,
then drag and drop.

With one cell, it's a little different. What you need to do is:

1. Click on the cell you want to move.

2. Drag to select at least one other cell.

3. Drag BACK so that only the original cell is selected.

Now you can drag and drop that one cell.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ