Dave,

I really appreciate the information as I am just getting to know computers.
As it turns out, you were right.  I got the laptop used from a friend and it
has windows 2000 on it.  I find out now that this crash has happened
before.  Glad to keep faith in OOo and that it is still under a warranty.
Again, thanks.

Troy