Joe wrote:

There are some other, less-expensive programs that edit PDF files, but as mentioned, OpenOffice.org doesn't do it. Try searching a shareware site for "PDF editor" to find alternatives to Acrobat. Also, my favorite desktop publishing software now has the ability to edit PDFs (Serif PagePlus, at www.serif.com), but it still might be more expensive than you're looking for.

Kira

I'm not sure what they have now, but nothingbutsoftware sells older versions of stuff like Serif at very low prices.

Joe

Cool, but for anyone considering PagePlus to *edit* PDFs as opposed to merely saving to the format, you need the current version (which is 11).

To bring this back to OOo, some of the PDF editing software I've seen has been relatively inexpensive and I wonder how they manage to implement that. It makes me think that OOo might one day be able to edit PDFs itself.

Kira