Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one - I suspect it's more of a Windows problem than a OOo problem, but I'm a little baffled.

Every time I open a master document, it asks whether to update child docs. Great. I say yes. It then starts loading them... and in the process the spoolsv (printing) process kicks in, and causes it to take a huge amount of time to load all the child docs. Up to half an hour. I thought this was a weird OOo bug until my boss loaded up one of my master docs on his machine... and it took less than a minute. So, I've discovered that a workaround is to open the master doc, tell it to update all child docs, then kill the spoolsv process. Of course I usually can't print anything till I restart the computer...

   * There don't seem to be any viruses, trojans, spyware or malware on
     the machine
   * The OS is Windows XP, SP 2
   * I'm fairly sure my boss's machine is XP SP2 as well
   * I don't want to update to 2.0.2 because (last I heard) it
     contained a bug which would affect my work

Any ideas, lovely brilliant people? :-)

- Naomi