Michelle wrote:
I'm trying to export my OpenOffice Writer document into
a PDF file, but I need the file to be a 6 x 9 document
rather than a 8.5 x 11 document. How can I change/determine
 the size of it?

I think your best bet is to change the size of the page in Writer to 6x9 and then export to PDF.

To change the page size, right-click anywhere on the page and choose Page from the pop-up menu.

On the Page Style dialog, go to the Page tab. In the Paper format section, choose or type 6 in the Width box and 9 in the Height box. The Format box will change to read "User". Then go down to the Margins section and set whatever margins you want.

If you are using more than one page style (for example, a "First Page" style and a "Default" style), you will need to do this for each of them.

For more about page styles, see Chapter 6, "Introduction to Styles" in the Writer Guide, which you can get from this page:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/index.html

--Jean