Drag one of these .prn files into Notepad. If the text is fully readable, but interspersed with Escape codes then you could remove these codes with Find/Replace. Then load the text into OOo and manually hi-lite where necessary. Not suitable for lots of LARGE files though :-;

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mac McClain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Users" <users@openoffice.org>

Subject: [users] DOS Files

I have a very old computer that I continue to use but would like to move some of my work to my newer computer. I have moved a few of the spreadsheets (with mixed success) and would like to move some of the text files. I am running Windows XP Home and OOo 2.0.2 (I think). I have some DOS print files (.prn) that are normally printed on an Epson printer so they have imbedded escape characters to force the printer to hi-lite some words plus forced page ejects. How do I get these characters translated in OOo Writer to get the Lexmark Z715 to do the same thing? Is this even possible or should I just plan on keeping my old gear forever? Thanks for any words of wisdom you all can provide.