OK, it is now issue 64653

-----Paul------

----- Original Message ----
From: Kira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@openoffice.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:24:50 PM
Subject: Re: [users] AutoInput in Calc

Paul Wright wrote:

> Kira,
>
> That sure seemed like logical reason to me. But ... I changed the two-caps
> autocorrect and also a setting in Options about checking capitalization and
> it still does the fLC thing.
>
> When you or anyone finds a solution, I would appreciate knowing.

Okay. Played with it some. This might require a Request for Enhancement.
It looks like what's going on is that it keeps whatever case you type
when you type the first letter(s). I tested by typing "off" to see if
all three letters would stay lower case, and sure enough, I got
"offICE". It doesn't strike me as a bug so much as an oversight, but it
should probably be brought to the attention of the developers, because
as you said in your first post, logic would dictate that the original
case be kept.

If nothing else, there should at least be the option to choose whether
to keep the original case or not (because I can think of instances where
someone might want the first letter to be a different case depending on
where they're typing it). I would guess another checked option next to
"AutoInput" (or a sub-item of AutoInput) would work best--something like
"Keep original case", where when checked the word is entered exactly
like the first instance, and when unchecked whatever case the user
types, for whatever letters the user types, is kept.

The workaround is, of course, to type that first letter in the case you
want before pressing <Enter>.

Kira