Asterian wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if I could receive tips on how to use open office. The main
purpose I was hoping to use it as is data sheets/cross referencing. Yet I don't
quite know how to identify which one is such, and all but one file which I've
tried to open has been unsuccessful, while a screen comes up telling me that I
don't have the program to access this file. Then, when going to the referred to
site, I see nothing that I comprehend as what I need.  Any tips would be
appreciated. Thankyou.

New user,
Asterian

Asterian:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Are you familiar with other Office Suites? Open Office is an office that contains different components. One is a word processor. This is commonly used to write letters, or resumes, or other documents with lots of words.

Another component is a spreadsheet. This is commonly used for statistical or other number data, and can do formulas and graphs, etc.

A third component is a presentation package. This is commonly used to prepared slides for a presentation using a data projector.

A fourth (and new) component is a database engine to facilitate creation and managing of databases.

There are other components that also do drawing objects and complex math formula editor.

I'm not sure how this would fit with what you want: "data sheets/cross referencing". Could you try to explain more what you want to do.

Also, what types of files (perhaps you could list the extensions) are you trying to open with OOo? Perhaps you could also list your operating system and the version of OOo you have.

Please reply only to the list.

Crystle

--
Crystle Numan