On Wed April 26 2006 18:55, + Alicia Araya wrote:
> I am getting very frustrated with this program. THe simple ability to
> construct vertical text boxes eludes me/ Something so simple in Windows is
> impossible here. I click on all the appropriate buttons, consult the
> impossible-to-understand help document, all to no avail.
>
> is this something o.o simply is not capable of doing?

As you are not subscribed you may not have seen that:
On Thu April 27 2006 01:22, Bill Flanagan wrote:
> Are you working on slides.ppt?   If so, construct a text box
> horizontally, then select it, and rotate it.
> Haven't tried vertical text in word processing, but I expect you could
> import from a slide.

Also if the problem continues, please tell us the version of OpenOffice.org
you are using, the operating system and exactly where you experience the
problem (from the above it is not clear if your problem is in Writer, Calc,
or Impress).

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor