On 4/27/06, CPHennessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed April 26 2006 07:06, + Jenni Rauhala wrote:
> >  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> > Dear Sir/Madam
> >
> > After I installed open office my printer is not working properly. Every
> > time I restart the computer I have to go to printer settings to "activate"
> > the printer and only then I can print Open office documents.
> >
> > Can you help me with this problem?

Is your Windows default printer correct and/or valid? OpenOffice works
somewhat like Word in that if you click the print button rather than
going through the File->Print... menu it will send the document
directly to the printer without giving you any options. If it's a new
file that hasn't been printed before it will simply use the Windows
defaults. If the Windows defaults aren't valid or correct, it won't
print.

That can also happen if you've printed and saved on a different
machine with a different printer that doesn't exist on the machine
from which you are currently trying to print. Unlike Word, Writer
saves the print setup with the file, so once you have successfully
printed the document, if you immediately resave the file, the next
time you click the print button it will be printed to the same printer
with the same options, even if you've restarted the computer or closed
Writer.

If Windows isn't keeping the default printer settings, that's probably
a Windows bug and has nothing to do with OOo - it's just a coincidence
if it happened near the time of the OpenOffice installation.