Dear sirs,

I am a new user and have set Open Office as my default for launching word files
etc.  When I double click on a word document it still launches in Microsoft
Works.  On the add/remove programme inside the control panel there is no sight
of Microsoft Works.  Inside Microsoft Works there is no option fro switching it
off as the default.  I am running under MS XP.

I would like to use Open Office as my default for all MS Office components,
please advise how I switch off the built in default in MS Works to enable this.

Many thanks

Ray