On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 15:56 -0700, anne senft wrote:
> I have been using your open office calc-your site says that it is
> compatible, but when someone tries to open it in excel it doesn't
> work. Please advise.
>
>   Anne Senft

You have only read one small part of what the website says.

OOo (OpenOffice.org) Calc will, by default, save in Open Document format
(an ISO standard). MS Excel is incapable of reading this format. If you
want Excel users to be able to open your files, you must use the "File
-> Save As..." and select "Excel" from the "File Type" drop down list.
See: http://user-faq.openoffice.org/faq/ar01s02.html#SAVE_AS_DOC

Hope this helps.

Dave
replies to your query.
Please reply to users@openoffice.org only and include some indication
that you are not subscribed to this list.
(eg. "I am not subscribed to this list, please cc me.")

For on-line support see: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
For a knowledge base see: http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/