On 12/05/2006, at 7:29 AM, Anna Bikkina wrote:

Can someone give any inputs/suggestions on this one?

Hi Anna,

Some things to tell us first:

* What version of OpenOffice.org are you using?
* How much memory do you have on your computer?
* Did you do a net install to share it with everyone, or did you just install it as root?

If this does not tell us, then we have to start getting nasty by using strace. :)

Regards
Jonathon

Anna Bikkina wrote:
Hi,

I am having trouble opening open office in my linux box. It worked earlier , I do not recollect installing any new packages/software in my linux box.

Here is what is happening..

When I log in as root. I can open open office apps.

I log in normal user and click on the open office icon it takes a long time to get the initial open office icon and then crashes by itself.

Are there any log files that I can look at which have info about the crash.

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anna.