On Monday May 15 2006 05:34 am, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> When I try to open files saved in Open Office Calc with Kspread, they
> are illegible. When I copy and paste, all the columns appear in a
> single column in Kspread. The files are saved in ods format on a
> Kubuntu 5.10 machine.
>
> Why the problems, and how can I resolve them? I thought that ods was
> supposed to be compatable across office suits. Thank you.
>
> Dotan Cohen
> http://what-is-what.com
>
> PS: Sorry for the double post, if this is. I see no record of my prior
> post so I'm not sure if it made it to the list.

     What version of Kspread are you using? I have 1.4.2 which comes with
KDE 3.4.2. I opened a OOo .ods file with no problems. You may not have a
recent enough version of K Office. One way to check is to open a new
spreadsheet in Kspread, enter something in the first cell, and save it.
When saving it, look at the available file formats in the "Filter"
dropdown list. Is Open Document Spreadsheet listed? If not, you need to
update your K Office installation.

Dan