On Monday May 15 2006 01:23 pm, Ashley Oviatt wrote:
> I have 2 databases (db1 and db2) with a common field (ACCOUNTNO) between
> them. In db 1, there is a field called key5 that is a customer number. I
> want to add a new field in db 2 that is called key5 and populate that
> field with the info from key 5 in db 1. I have to base it on the
> ACCOUNTNO field, as it is the only common field between the two
> databases.
>
> Is this possible using openoffice Base?
> If so, how do I do it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ash

     The following is a modification of a similar question answered by
Frank of Sun Microsystems:
- create a new database with the wizard (keeping the default options)
- open both databases (db1 and db2)
- drag'n'drop or copy'n'paste the table(s) in question from the two
databases into the newly created one.
     You might have to add a Primary key to your two new tables so that you
can work with the two of them.
     This may or may not work, but it is worth a try.

Dan