Hi Paul,

Paul Francis wrote:
I have looked at the Open Office website and am really impressed.

Thanks. Same applies for the most of us.

1. Does the Open Office suite also incorporate the equivalent of
Microsoft Outlook (that is our common email program)

No, it doesn't.
However, here
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Marketing-Material-ReplaceOutlook
is a premilinary list with alternatives.

2. Is the Open Office suite also compatible with Microsoft Project?

No it doesn't have this funcionality. Thus unless you can find an alternative (I don't know of any list for this) you'll have to pay for MSProject.
You can nevertheless use OOo in stead of MSO.

3. Is the Open Office suite also compatible with Microsoft Visio?

No it is not. However OOo's Draw is really good at many things, also at diagrams. I'm sure MSO doesn't have an alternative for Draw. But if that's not what you are looking for, and you can't find another alternative (I don't know of any list for this) you'll have to pay for MSVisio.
You can nevertheless use OOo in stead of MSO.

Hope this helps,
Greetings,
Cor

(cc-ed you because you are not subscribed - pls post to list only)

--
Cor Nouws