What I have seen online and know about programming

I think there will be more advancements with the program(s)

With so many programmers in many countries working on the
coding and re-coding of this system, there should be a group(s)
of programmers out there working on the problem(s) you are
wondering about.  I have no doubts that there will be a version 3.x
someday and that one day OOo will be better than any other Office Suite
avaliable at any price. OpenSource did it for Browsers (FireFox, Mozilla, Opera, etc.)
and OpenSource will do it with an Office Suite as well.

Of course if Massachusetts is dumping MS Office for Open Office, I think
some one in the Commonwealth's IT department saw that the coding problem(s)
are not really a problem(s) we the users need to worry about for the future of OOo.

See the link for the story......
http://www.sci-tech-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=010001470KT4&page=3

"The Commonwealth of Massachusetts plans to phase out Microsoft Office and replace it with OpenOffice, which supports the OpenDocument Format, she said. Adobe, KOffice, Apache, Sun, and several other major
vendors and groups support the OpenDocument format." (from the above link)

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Bird" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>