It's not overly intuitive, this... although quite powerful once you work it out.

You need two different page styles. Set the page style for the first page... manually insert a page break after whatever text you have on the first page, and in the page break insert screen, set the page style to whatever style you want the second (and consecutive) pages to be. You'll also be able to set a starting page number (ie, 1) for the new page.

Make sense? If not, I'll try to write some steps for you.

- Naomi

Warren Wilder wrote:

I am using the page footer with included pagenumber field.
I do not want the title page, or first page, to be called page 1 and I
do not want the page footer to appear there. I can't find out how to fix
that. (Page 2 should become page 1 and so on.)

Could anybody please help me out?

Warren