On Fri, 26 May 2006 11:24:22 +1000
Ross Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Try removing the read-only from Group and Others from
> /home/lee/tmp/orbit-lee. This directory will have been created by gnome
> (?) presumably and so, if it was responsible for setting the read-only
> permissions initially, may be a problem again in the future.
>
> Ross

Here's the result of
** (process:26608): WARNING **: Wrong permissions
for /home/lee/tmp/orbit-lee

** (process:26608): WARNING **: Wrong permissions
for /home/lee/tmp/orbit-lee-a8e84898

** (process:26608): WARNING **: Wrong permissions
for /home/lee/tmp/orbit-lee

** (process:26608): WARNING **: Wrong permissions
for /home/lee/tmp/orbit-lee-a8e84898

** (process:26608): WARNING **: Wrong permissions
for /home/lee/tmp/orbit-lee

** (process:26608): WARNING **: Wrong permissions
for /home/lee/tmp/orbit-lee-a8e84898

And there is now a 3rd orbit directory.  Apparently each
new occurrence of base2.0 starts a new orbits directory
then reports that it has the wrong permissions.  The new
one has "forbidden" for groups and others.

I understand that windows will allow anything for anyone,
but it seems that the linux version of oobase would be
more usable if I could access the db.

Any suggestions?

Lee