On Tue May 2 2006 10:03, + Alex wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> Hi all,
> I need help desperately with  the installation of OpenOffice in solaris
> machine.
> Currently the situation is, I've created a website to actually read sxc
> file and compute the datas read.
> So by using the APIs in openoffice SDK, I have successfully done it, in
> windows.
> So now, I have to actually deploy it in solaris machine.
> and this is the error message that I got:
>
> /usr/staroffice7/program/soffice.bin X11 error: Can't open display:
>   Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option
>   or check permissions of your X-Server
>   (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)
>
> and i tried using python. and this is the error i got:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "oood-0.1.0/oood.py", line 60, in ?
>   import uno
> ImportError: No module named uno
>
> What is the problem? Please help me..

OpenOffice.org ALWAYS needs an X server running to connect to it on *NIX
systems. If you want to use OOo only for convertions then use something like
Xvfb (not sure if that is available on Solaris) and run OOo with the
-headless option.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor