On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 09:31 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm real new on this computer and I don't  understand exactly what I need to
> do to download your program for typing  documents.   I live in Florida, speak
> English, and have dial-up  connection.
>
> Will you HELP ME?

Dial-up, eh?  Hmm, if you have the time and a download manager, such as
getright, downloading may be feasible. However, getting a CD may be a
better choice for you. Both options are offered when you click on the
green button, labelled "get openoffice.org" on
http://www.openoffice.org/

A third option is using P2P.

If you choose to download, click on the small link labelled md5sum the
page presented when you click on "Download OpenOffice.org"button and get
the md5sum and, if you do not have md5sum executable on your system, the
software as well. Record the sum for the OS you need.
Now select from the dropdown boxes your language, OS, and lastly a
mirror which, in your case, could be any of the US sites.

Later do go to http://documentation.openoffice.org/ and get the Setup
Guide and any guides and HOW-TOs you need to get going.

Best of luck.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead