G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 09:19 -0400, Immanuel CRC Office wrote:
I am converting a Word document and have found that OpenOffice.org does not appear to allow tab stops outside the page margin.

For instance, in Word, I have 0.5" left, and 1.1" right on letter paper. This gives me about 6.7" of text space. If I make a right tab at 7.28", the text only goes to the edge of the text space, to 6.7" when I want the text to go beyond. Is there any way to do this? If I look at the settings, they do say 7.28" for the tab, but the text doesn't end up there.

If this is not possible, then is the 'workaround' to set the page margins bigger and set most lines in further? That's not really a great solution since it is easier to do extra tab for the lines that want to go out further.

Thanks for any help to get s workable solution,
Crystle

Crystal,

I think you have two choices.
     1. Use a frame
     2. Use the Marginalia feature.

(1) is probably the easiest if you do not need to do a lot.
And you could always modify the page style.

The partial problem is transferring this back and forth with Word people so it needs to be something that is supported in both and easy to use.

Frames and Marginalia both don't seem like they will work.

Any other ideas out there? Anyone know why OOo can't have a tab stop outside a margin?

Crystle

--
Crystle Numan
Administrative Secretary, Immanuel CRC