On Wed June 14 2006 17:59, + Richard Cestnick wrote:
> I am using version 2.0 and have a list of songs  by song title/artist and
> location I love you       Frankie Avalon         CD 25
> I have this list made uo in the word processer[writer]
> How can i copy and paste  or transport the data to a chart and
> have my tabs show up in colums?when using spreadsheet in  calc?
> When I copy and paste  it all goes to colum A and I cant seperate.
> I really dont want to retype as have over 60 pages completed now.
> If this is possible, how many lines can I have to each file ?
> as it will be a long list but can make a set of files to cover it if
> necessary. Thank You

Hi Richard
 What are you using to separate the columns of data ? ( commas, semi-colons,
etc) ?
I love you,       Frankie Avalon,         CD 25
or
I love you;       Frankie Avalon;         CD 25

If it is something similar to the above then you can simply save your data as
a "Text" file with the file extension ".csv". When you re-open it, the file
will be opened in Calc and you will be asked to verify the separator between
the columns.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor