On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:12 pm, Michael Adams wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:17:33 -0400
>
> Pete Holsberg wrote:
> > Malcolm Kay typed the following on 6/18/2006 9:27 AM:
> > >
> > > But it is difficult to find something else with all the
> > > nasty habits of MS Outlook. Of course this is my personal
> > > view of Outlook but there seem to be a lot of people with
> > > similar opinions; and there are some people out there that
> > > actually like it.
> >
> > I like Outhouse because it syncs with my PDA's contacts,
> > notes, to-do lists, etc.
>
> I really dislike Outlook because it is responsible for
> spreading 80% of windows viruses, which slow our internet
> servers and create an industry which should not exist
> (commercial virus checkers and mail server virus checkers).

It could be argued that this is because 80% of people use
Outlook. And all mail clients can pass viruses when used without
discrimination on the part of the user.

However I agree that Outlook is bad wrt virus spreading.

But there are other issues that a lot of other mail clients fall
down on as well as Outlook -- such as discouraging anything but
top-posting. I don't use it but I understood Thunderbird was not
good in this respect.

Malcolm